Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday


It's Thursday evening, and Paige and I are at the hospital. She has been feverish for days, and has been complaining of tummy and leg pain. To sum up, she is dreadfully constipated, and needs the stuff they give someone before a colonoscopy to clean out her belly. And sadly, this was entirely preventable. Mommy error - I didn't administer her anti-constipation powder on a regular basis. She is zonked out on morphine right now, due to her level of discomfort. I am looking forward to having my silly, rambunctious Paigey back.

The prayer and praise event on Saturday was wonderful. A small group of Paige friends joined a large group of others, for a really nice evening of music, food, prayer, and fireworks. Ben, Luke and I stayed until 10pm. Thank you everyone who joined us either in person, or in spirit! We felt supported, and met some new friends.

A wonderful anonymous donor has given us the gift of a lake house for a week, which we will use starting next Tuesday. I am hoping that we will have a steady stream of close friends and family to keep us company. With Paige's handy dandy new port, swimming will be easy. (no 20 minute wrapping of her arm with plastic bags and tape!)

I enrolled Paige in Kindermusik, which starts next week. It is a weekly program where little tots can play instruments, sing and dance, in a structured but low key environment. Parents come too, and I am really excited to be able to spend that special time with Paige.

Last summer we began the project of painting the exterior of our house and we got about 1/3 of the way done. So I am thinking of having a painting party sometime in September, to finish the rest of the house before winter. If anyone is interested in helping out with scraping, sanding or painting, send me a quick e-mail. (kerri-beth@juno.com)

Please pray for 1) our stress levels 2) that Paige will be well enough to go to our family reunion in Rhode Island on Saturday and 3) for Luke, as he processes the seriousness of Paige's illness, and deals with attention issues. I know that in some ways we have not supported him as well as we could have, and I want to make sure that he is getting what he needs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report Kerri, and for the specific prayer requests: that helps so much. We're glad to keep praying.

Lots of love and support coming your way from here...

KJ said...

Beautiful picture of your beautiful girl. Love to you, and prayers to God!

Booker said...

I will be emailing you, but consider me there for the painting time...