Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday

Today we go up to Dartmouth for a previously scheduled MRI. And I suspect we will get a talk about whether to do a little more chemo, or do nothing.

My plan of action is to research other hospitals, to see what they have to offer. The doctor called what she has something like chemo resistant - drat - well, it means untreatable cancer of the brain/spinal area.

I am going to push for them to put a port in her chest. It would be completely covered by skin, and she could then have baths and go swimming without us having to tape up her arm, which never worked well anyway. Because this girl LOVES to swim. We went to Dublin Lake on Saturday, and she walked in up to her neck. And then I held her and she wanted to go out even deeper. When it was finally time to go, she sat down in the water and said, "Wanna stay!" My little water baby.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Kerri- I've been keeping up through my Mom (from Ralph) and your blog site. I am so saddened by this and wish I could help you in some way. If there's anything you can think of please let me know- a care package? I will just continue to pray for you and Ben and Paige and Luke- and for you to be able to get some efficient rest.

Much love,

Sonya Gagnon

Kate said...

praying and loving Kerri...