Saturday, July 28, 2007

A somehow peaceful limbo







We have no results yet from yesterdays tests. The doc sounded gloomy, and discussed quantity of life versus quality of life. My personal philosophy is to try and try (for a cure). If a new drug extends Paige's life some, with minimum discomfort, and gives them good data to use for future AML children, then I am all for it.






I was craving a weekend of quiet and solitude, so Ronda and super-grandma wisked my kids off for their second Maine weekend in a row. And it has been really peaceful here.






Melissa, Paige's god-mother, came with her mom on Thursday to hang out, and Melissa took almost 300 pictures. I kid you not. Some were so beautiful they made me cry.

10 comments:

Claire said...

These pictures are beautiful! Wow!

lis said...

Utterly precious!

melrandall said...

I'm so glad I had the chance to come up, and glad the pictures turned out well. Your kids sure do make it easy...

Love to you -- enjoy your weekend!

Linda said...

The pictures are wonderful.
Love and prayers for you all.

Anonymous said...

peace....duhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray. My prayer group at church is praying for strength and for the doctors wisdom. mostly for you and Ben that you find strength in Christ,the true giver of peace.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I forgot to leave my name in the last blog..its Sue Jones

Anonymous said...

Kerri, wish we'd been around these last couple weeks to support you a little in person. Thank you for your updates; they've given direction for our prayers. Look forward to seeing you upon our return next week! God's peace be with you until then.
Oh, and the pictures are just precious!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, this is why I don't generally leave comments. What I meant to say was "support you more closely in person." Not just support you a little! By the way, I thought it was great how you gave specific ways people could be a blessing to your family. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.