Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Rollercoaster Continues...


Yesterday one of Paige's docs called us to say that the gene mutation that has been present before in her marrow isn't there, according to last Friday's test results. (Hey Sarah, if you can explain the cytogenetic thing in a couple sentences, please do. It's kind of confusing to me.)


The implication being, as I understand it, that perhaps some of the cancer cells seen in last weeks biopsies may not have been cancer. So on Friday they are redoing both tests, and giving her a different kind of intrathecal chemo than she has gotten in the past. And based on the results, we will put together a treatment plan. Dare I hope?


One note - if you are writing a comment, could you please say who you are? Thanks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS HOPE!! I THINK IT'S ALMOST THE #1 TOOL IN ANY FIGHT!!
God bless you!! i'm praying!!
pamela cyphers

Anonymous said...

I have three things to say....

1) Heb. 10:23 - "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."

2) "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future with an all-knowing and all-loving God."

3) "Love has the final move."

Love you guys. Our family is praying and believing.

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray and believe for healing for Paige. Thank you for your posts. It helps so much to know what is happening even though I'm so far away. Many prayers and much faith are going up from Thailand.

Love to you all. "Aunt" Toria

Mrs. RF said...

You are so much in my prayers and thoughts. We send lots of love, and hope and courage and fresh strength your way for today.

I too thank you for your posts. They help keep our prayers focused.

Ellie Pass

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you and the doctors dealing with Paige's care. May they have wisdom from above..
Sue Jones (nurse in ICN)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! Still sending our thoughts and prayers your way.
Jesse, Kellie and Holly

ahappywife said...

Recently I felt a stirring of faith in my heart along these lines: recall Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego standing before Nebuchadnezzar; "God can heal Paige & HE WILL, but even if He doesn't I will not bow to the gods of fear & doubt." And oh how mighty was God's deliverance of those three... plus, they got to walk around with Jesus for a bit!

All my love & faith & hope,
Fritha

Booker said...

I know how I feel when I hear all these different reports from you, so I can only imagine what you and Ben are going through, roller coaster indeed.

God keep you!!!