Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Radiation

Paige began getting radiation on her brain yesterday, and will get it each day until Friday. Ben is staying at the guest house (near the hospital) with her, and drives her to the hospital each morning bright and early. They sedate her, and the actual radiation part only takes 15 minutes. So far she has been feeling fine, and hasn't thrown up.

Please pray about the results of the bone marrow biopsy and aspirate. The results determine whether she can go to Boston and get her transplant, or whether the docs send her home and discontinue treatment. The biopsy was scheduled for today, but I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't know if it actually happened or not. Ben and I talked briefly twice today, and since her having surgery is such a common occasion around here, I forgot to ask!! I do know that she was running around today having fun at the playground, and the store, and that she got ice cream at McDonalds.

Another prayer request: I have gotten horrible sleep for four nights in a row. Having narcolepsy (translate - always sleeping, never rested) I sleep poorly anyway, so this added insomnia is really frustrating. It's been sneaking up on me for a few months now, and it seems like it could hardly get any worse. Please pray that I'll sleep well. I need it. It's affecting my stress level and my ability to cope.

On Sunday I remembered something that happened a number of years ago- one of the only times that I feel like God was speaking specifically to me. I was waking up, and the words were in my mind, "Lay it on your heart, that you can trust God all the days of your life." And I was telling someone yesterday, that when God sent that message to me, He knew about Paige, and the things that this year would contain.

4 comments:

lis said...

Praying you can sleep well!

John L said...

Prayers continuing here in Virginia for Paige, you, and Ben.

Booker said...

My goodness, as if everything else isn't bad enough, now you can't get hardly any rest to deal with it? Praying for you for sure!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.