Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Sunny Wednesday

A few thoughts. One, there have been few people who have asked my mom if she thought I would mind getting an email from them. I don't mind at all. I haven't had what it takes to post many of my thoughts, or to reply to most of the emails I have received, but I certaintly do like reading them.

Two. I miss Paige sitting on my lap, and how her silky new hair felt on my chin. And I can't remember what she smells like. I hope I stumble across something in her room that still smells like her.

I have been thinking about donating platelets before Christmas. It's more involved than donating blood, and takes a couple of hours. They take blood out of one arm, spin it in a machine to get the platelets, and send the remaining (still useful) red blood back into the other arm. I'm hoping to have a "Platelet Party" with some of my family, and all go together to keep each other company.

I can get more details later, but lets see how many units of platelets we can donate between now and Paige's birthday, which is March 26. I believe you can donate up to once a week. I know that the need for platelets outweighs the supply.

And finally, if you have a Paige story, or memory or picture, that you want to post, I (and many more people also!) would love to hear/see it. I'm so sad that the pictures and stories of her life are completed, but if we share each other's stories, it brings her back to life for just a moment.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Paige at the Downeaster before see got sick. We had a great time together,chasing the Mazurs puppy around. She wanted to hold him so badly. Her brown curls and big smile made me smile. So much JOY Her life was way to short but so full.
Jen

Carrie said...

I remember when Paige and Luke came to our house to play. She was SO excited to see our toy cell phone colletion. She picked up every one(I think we have a least 5) and insisted on carrying them ALL at once. My girls loved playing with her and talk about her often.

Anonymous said...

gI remember holding Paige for the very first time, at the Women's Retreat. She just curled up into this little ball and cuddled into me (she's been good at that from the very beginning), and I just sat and smelled her head and wanted to stay there forever. I was needing my depleted soul filled up, and sitting with her...wow. the aching beauty of a new life was astonishing.


Seeing that new life blossoming into a little person was so incredible. I miss that laugh and those funny faces; I still don't know how she came up with them.

Wendy said...

Still thinking and praying for you guys often...

Anonymous said...

Missing Paige and praying for a peaceful holiday for your family. Just an FYI Benjamin is 5 days post transplant.

Take Care,

Jennifer

www.carepages.com "helpbenjamin"

kw said...

Praying for you all today...

Anonymous said...

Paigey was working hard in heaven today. She help to welcome another angel JENNA who is 15 months. No more pain for our dear friends.

Jennifer & Benjamin

paigey's mom said...

I have been reading baby Jenna's blog for the past few days, and doing a lot of crying. Her parents and brother are on my heart.

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

I didn't share Jenna's story to make you cry, lord knows you have had enough pain. I did it so that you were aware that Paigey has lots of little friends to play, sind, dance and be free of cancer with. I also learned of another new angel today, his name is Bryce and he is 5. Baby Jesus will have lots of children to celebrate his birth.

You and your family are always in my heart. I hope you find peace during this holiday season.

Peace & love

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

We pray Peace and comfort for you on Christmas Day, Paige is doing some serious celebrating today in Heaven with smiles and joy everywhere! You remain in our prayers.
Dan & Kate

Linds said...

Merry Christmas, precious friends - thinking of you, praying for you and sending all kinds of love your way!

Anonymous said...

Still praying! for your family and that you had a great Christmas and enjoying the season of Christmas and all that it means. Lots of Love
The Post family

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerri, Ben & Luke,

I was just rereading your notes on this blog from sept 07 and it reminded me of our first meeting with Paige! It was the first time Benjamin felt well enough at CHaD to go to the craft table and Paigey had a chair next to Benjamin and he kept saying "she's pretty"... "aww, she's so cute". Paigey was at that point in Benjamins eyes his "friend". Although there were other children & staff there...he was all about Paigey. I knew there would be a connection for always.

Just thought I would share. I can't believe its 46 days since Paigey got her wings, but I do know she watches over us daily.

We love you for sharing your angel with us!

Jennifer & Benjamin

Meghan and Sue said...

I remember going on special walks with Paige to visit the purple moose everyday at CHaD. I also remember teaching Paige to do Dance Dance Revolution. There were two mats but she wanted to be on mine with me. We laughed alot.

I think of Paige alot. I always smile but there are a few tears.

Next time I am at my two week visit at CHaD I will visit the purple moose everyday.

Love Meghan