Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday evening thoughts

Yesterday was three months that we have been without Paige. I have felt awkward posting, because this is her blog, and with her gone it seemed bizarre to be sharing things sans Paige. But I want to. So I will.

Things make me tear up more now. I pick strange places to cry, like the florist. I was petting the owner's beautiful, ancient Maine coon cat, that looks so much like Francesca. The cat, normally shy, seemed to really like me and followed me to the checkout counter to be petted. So I chatted with the owners about cats for a few minutes, and then I all of a sudden got really weepy. So I left abruptly. What the heck? But somehow it hurt really badly just then.

And yesterday I was in a six hour meeting and after a couple hours, I kept thinking about Paige, up in heaven, wanting a cuddle with me. So I in my imagination welcomed her, and held her on my lap, and let her cuddle. Jesus is great for snuggling, I'm sure, but no one is quite like a mama. And of course this made me cry. And cry. Finally I left and went out into the hallway, to get a good cry out of my system so I could go back and participate without continuing to cover my shirt with tear-spots.

It's a little disconcerting to be wearing my heart on my sleeve; previously most of my mourning I have done very privately. But it feels good to go with it. I am in grief counseling (they said Luke seems to be doing great, and doesn't need to continue coming! She said I was the one who seemed to really need it.) and I asked if the counselor would give me journaling exercises each week for homework. So I will be working on that later this week. I know that I proccess a lot by writing, so I am looking forward to the reflection and the processing. She said grief will show up how it wants to, and we can't direct it, so I am trying to be flexible.

At the furniture store the other day, the employee asked if Luke was my only child. I said I had a daughter that had died. Luke added on what her name was, and what he called her (Paigey) and how they used to play house together. He was the daddy, and Paige was the mama, and Paige's dolls were the kids, the son and the daughter.

I still have alot of peace inside. In fact, more peace than I have had in years. Without that, this would be so much harder. Please don't stop praying for us. We all could use it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there and give you a huge hug. You all will be in our prayers.
-Jenn & Jeff Wakeman

Anonymous said...

I wish I too could be there and give you all big huggs from me. I think of Paige quiet often, with stickers everywhere LOL..she trully has touched so many what a blessing she is. I will continue to pray for you all. And cherish the memories that feel my heart with smiles.

Barbara

lis said...

Yes, I'm still praying. And I'm glad you're going to be journaling.

Love!

kat said...

You are definately still in our prayers. We think of you and Ben and Luke quite often. We would really like to get together again sometime.

We love you guys.

kw said...

Still praying for you Kerri, Ben and Luke. Thanks for writing this update.

Linds said...

Precious friend - you are still very much in my thoughts and prayers.
So much love coming your way from New Boston!

Liza said...

Thanks for the update Kerri. You have been in my thoughts lately, so I was wondering how you all were doing.

Say hi to Lukey for me.

love and prayers...
-Libby

Anonymous said...

We're continuing to pray for you all and keep you in my thoughts.
Kellie,Jesse and Holly Church

Anonymous said...

My heart aches everytime I think of what Paige went through...but then I smile and am so grateful that she is no longer hurting. I can't begin to explain the pain my heart feels for you and your family. I wish I could take all the pain away, but I can't... so I will continue to just be a friend and open to listening and reading all your wonderful memories of your sweet angel.

I also have a cute short story for you: Benjamin and I were leaving our apartment the other day and someone had made 2 snowmen outside. Benjamin said the snow was so pretty and asked where it came from, I said in the sky...he said "no mommy, jesus makes it and all the angels sprinkle it on us". I said the angel..huh and his response was "just like Paigey & Jenna."

Big Hugs

Jennifer & Benjamin

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!

Love,

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Kerri & Ben,

I hope you don't mind this, but I was quite touched when I read it recently and wanted to share it with you.

Jennifer



The Club

There is an exclusive club
One which you would pay anything not to be a member of.
One where it’s members all have a common bond.
A place where we can come,
And everyone knows how to respond.
A club that allows us
not feel so all alone.
Each of has a child
with their name carved in stone.
We are the Heavenly Angels group.
Our eyes weep,
Our smiles droop.\,
Our sorrow is deep,
And our hearts continually ache.
We all morn the death of a child,
and are struggling to live again in its wake.
Some club members are very new,
The veterans show us what to do.
We all help each other cope,
trying to provide a drop of hope.
We all pray to God that you
never have the need to join our fold,
That you will always have your children to hold.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerri, Ben and Luke...I haven't checked on your site for some time..and was so blessed to see you are still Journaling....it is a wonderful healing tool my dear, so keep it up...but an even more powerful God Built In response, are your tears...He made them to Heal our inner beings...deep down into our Souls and Spirits! I've always found such strength in the verse that tells us the our Tears are kept in a Bowl at The very Thrown Of God.....so Cry whenever...wherever...as often as you feel the need...each tear is clensing your inner being...bring strength, comfort, and courage to take it one moment at a time...one hour at a time....day by day....I'd love to give you a great big Hug....but since I can't...Know I'm praying for you...and He will wrap His arms around you...of that I'm certain! As for writing on "My Little Muffin" site...it is still her site...her memories...and our memories of your sharing your heart...and wonderful pictures...so keep it up...you may always want ot journal here....and there may come a day when you choose not to....but I know you'll know..when..or not....keep you eyes on HIm...Love "Aunt" Sylvia
(Ya, I know, I'm not still your Aunt..so hows just "Your Sister in Christ")