Monday, November 12, 2007

Planning Time

Hello all, it's Kerri's sister-in-law Anna, passing on a few details:

Warren Aldrich is coordinating the reception on Saturday after the service. We're specializing in warm cozy foods and things Paige loved. Since so many of you have asked what you can do to help, Warren wants you to know that he'd welcome any food contributions people would enjoy making, specifically:

hot comfort food (casseroles, entrees)
green leafy salads
French or Italian bread

If anyone is interested in contributing something, please contact Warren so he can coordinate and make sure we don't get 50 lasagnas. You can reach him at: warrenaldrich@hotmail.com or 603-562-7731.

If anyone is available to be on the setup or cleanup crews, let Warren know that too.

Childcare will be provided during the service and there will be kids' activities at the reception. If you know you are bringing your children, it would help to have you post that on here, so we know roughly how many to plan for.

As mentioned, in lieu of flowers Ben and Kerri would love donations in Paige's name to Samaritan's Purse. To donate, visit www.samaritanspurse.org and select “gift catalog” for Christmas 07. Then scroll to the bottom of that page and select “gift catalog index.” You will then be able to choose either number 2 (help save the lives of mothers and babies) or number 5 (feed a hungry baby for a week). Either of those gifts, in Paige Hansen's name, would be wonderful. Thank you.

Directions to Fairwood will be posted in the next few days.

Thank you all so much for the support you have shown. Ben and Kerri are hanging in there-- they're back at home in Peterborough, doing a lot of busywork in preparation for this weekend and a lot of resting. They really appreciate all the love, and the great comments you've left on here!

12 comments:

kat said...

Thanx for all the information, This is Katina, I will be bringing my 2 kids Alan who is 4 and Trevor who is 2.

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me. I am Jenny and Jeffs cousin. I keep in touch with Jenny on here quite often. She told me about your loss. I am so sorry. Hugs for everyone. You will be in my thoughts as I travel. Jenny can explain that. Again I am so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for the info. This is Meghan and I will be bringing my daughter Rayne who is nearly four.

Wendy said...

This information is all very helpful, thank you. Randy and I will be bringing Everlea (3 1/2 yrs). Also, I love that donations are being made to Sam. Purse in Paige's name. It is a great organization and it's such a wonderful way to bless and extend Christ's love to others in such a practical way.

Wendy S.

richactor said...

My heart goes out to you both, Kerri and Ben. Paige was a delightful little girl. I so enjoyed meeting her and i am sorry she is no longer here with us.
I send you love, strength and light.

Richard (Willis)

Jill said...

Thank you for the details and ideas on how we might help out. We're planning to bring our four kids. Bless your hearts for making it a kid-friendly service and reception. I know Chloe is really looking forward to seeing Luke.

Anonymous said...

dearest Ben and Kerri,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a flooding of peace and comfort at this time. I wish we could be there to help fill your "love tank". Grandpa and Grandma Hansen have spent many hours praying for everyone. Much love from Aunt Jan, Uncle Ray and Chris.

Adam said...

May the God of Peace be with you all!! Sending love you way from Virginia...I trust these lyrics comfort you...they are from a Christian band, MarcyMe, and the song is called Homesick:

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

In Christ, there are no goodbye
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

I've never been more homesick than now

Anonymous said...

I would like to donate to Samaritans Purse but they ask for an address for the memorial card to be sent to. Is it possible to have that so a card may be sent to Ben and Kerri?
thanks and prayers for the whole family, Sue Jones

Carrie said...

Tim and I will be bringing Becca (4) and Eva (3). We are looking forward to spending time remembering Paige's life and the time our family spent with her.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kerri, I have arrived safely in NH, but it doesnt look like I will make it on Saturday. The boys and I are scheduled for the week end away and I leave at six am on sunday. Our entire group has been praying for you and your family. If you and i do not connect, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Kim wants you to connect when things settle down so the four of you can connect in December. Kim will call soon. I left you a phone message, but didnt know if you would get it or not. We love you and you are close to our hearts. Patty, Bev, Kim, Kristin, and Karen.

Anonymous said...

We plan to be there with Elise (7) and Micah (4). It is an honor to be a part of your day. -Todd & Cyndi LaSalle