Sunday, December 17, 2006

No More IV Pole!!!

Today Paige was unhooked from her constant companion of the past five weeks, her IV pole. She still has a semi-permanent line going in through the crook of her elbow, which they threaded up inside her vein ending near her heart. But for now that just means that she has three inches of thin plastic tubing coming out at her elbow.

She is also walking a lot more, and today went on a long walk with Grandma. This time, instead of being pushed in her stroller, she walked, pushing a baby doll carriage for support. Kind of like a walker, only much cuter. She comes home tomorrow, due to having no fever, and having rising blood counts. Luke keeps asking if she's his baby brother, or baby sister. He's going to love having her to play with.

7 comments:

ljm said...

Welcome home, Paige!

Claire said...

I'm so glad you started this blog, Paigey's mom! I was just wondering the other day how she was doing...Thanks for the update. Love you guys...

JenWebb said...

Hi Kerri. I was a part of your Discovery training and found out about Paige from Warren. She has been in my prayers and will continue to be. I asked Warren about her and he directed me here. I pray that during this time God would shower you with comfort, Peace and Strength.
Love,
Jenny Webb

Pat said...

Hey, let me know when Paige goes to Dana Farber and I'll come visit from Tufts.

Linds said...

So glad she's home!
Love you!!

KW said...

Hey Kerri

Praying for you all, and glad to have found your blog. Paige is so adorable....

Linda said...

I'm so glad Paige can be home!
Thanks for keeping us up to date with this blog.
Bundles of love and prayers...