Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday morning





To Honor You, by Connie Byrd

To honor you, I get up every day and take a breath.
And start another day without you in it.

To honor you, I laugh and love with those who knew your smile
And the way your eyes twinkled with mischief and secret knowledge.

To honor you, I take time to appreciate everyone I love,
I know there is no guarantee of the days or hours spent in their presence.

To honor you, I listen to music you would have liked,
And sing at the top of my lungs, with the windows rolled down.

To honor you, I take chances, say what I feel, hold nothing back,
Risk making a fool of myself, dance every dance.

You were my light, my heart, my gift of love, from the highest source.

So everyday, I vow to make a difference, Share a smile, LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE.

Now I live for us both, so all I do, I do to honor you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Ben, Kerri & Luke! Thank you for sharing with us still. What a priceless picture.

Kristin

Nate Hazen said...

What a treasure, I am so glad you have this picture.
We love you all. Nate and Amy

Anonymous said...

What great photos. You remain close to my heart.

Love,

Jennifer & Benjamin

kw said...

That's awesome Kerri..

Meghan and Sue said...

Wow this is so beautiful. Paige is still touching our lives and teaching us things thru all the ones she touched. Thank You for sharing. May I share this at our CHaD Show? Sue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The pic the poem but mostly the lives they represent. They lost is great but the joy remembering both of their lives is far greater! God gave us such amazing gifts when He gave us both of them and I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with each of them,both have touched my life. Thanks Kerri for sharing your life with us you are one of the amazing unforgettable people in my life!
Much Love and Many Hugges
Jen

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! We love and miss you all.

Jennifer