Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday

Paige came home yesterday! Her counts zipped up to over 600, so Laura B. who had been in the hospital with her for two days delivered her to us. It was my dad's birthday, so Mom, Dad Paige and I went out to dinner together. Paige was great, and had fun dipping her bread into marinara sauce like the big people. She melted down at the end, and we had to wisk her away from the other patrons, but overall, she was great.

Luke is very sick with a cough and runny nose, so he and Ben are over at Ben's dad's house till the kids can be together again.

Something for prayer: I have been looking into alternative treatments to complement Paige's chemo, and have run things by my naturopath (sp?) and the oncologists. But I have been doing some online research, and I'm interested in looking at the nutritional component. Please pray that God will help me find just the right thing for Paige, and that He'll help me feel at peace, and not like Paige's health is in my hands. (Which it's not, but it could feel that way if we end up doing a labor intensive diet, like gluten-free.) God is a smart guy, and I know that he can direct me, and keep me peaceful, so please pray for us, and pray that the oncologists will be open-minded to untraditional nutrition ideas. Anything is better than the dreadful hospital food, which consists of lots of white bread and fried food!

4 comments:

Booker said...

Best of luck[I really hate that word though, luck I mean] with the food stuff. I hope there is an easy transition...

Brenda Jo said...

Praying that God will make a clear path for you.

Claire said...

It seems like, in this day and age, doctors should be used to people taking all kinds of different, non-traditional approaches. It makes very good sense (even to a layman like me) to avoid all that highly processed food- especially for someone like Paige. I'll be praying for you to find some good resources to help you...

Love you!

lis said...

"God is a smart guy." I love that! :O)

Praying too...