Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Friday, January 26, 2007

Gene testing results :)

The genetic testing results were somehow expedited, and yesterday we found out that the gene abnormality in Paige's blood or marrow is no longer present!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!! So things look even better than they did. I'm not sure what this exactly changes her prognosis to, but it keeps getting better and better. The news (which I heard this morning) didn't really sink in until I went to the gym this afternoon. I started thinking about it, and I wanted to do a crazy dance to show my thankfulness. But I didn't. So anyway, thank you God!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

aagh!

Paige stretched her IV cord too far this evening, and pulled her Broviak right out of her chest. Everything is fine, but it means an extra surgery, which is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

results!

Hooray hooray! It looks like Paige won't have to go to transplant! Her blood counts were "better than we expected" as Dr. K put is this morning. We're beginning round 3 of chemo today. We are still waiting on some gene testing results, which will be back in a few weeks. If some gene mutation that was present at the time of her diagnosis is still there, then transplant will still be necessary. So more waiting. But, Praise Jesus, for now things are good!

I love hearing all your comments. And thank you all for praying!

Monday, January 22, 2007

happy day!

Paige and Luke were reunited today after 3 weeks of mandatory separation. I dropped Luke off at Grandma's house, where Luke greeted Paige enthusiastically, "Hi Paigey, want to play ring around the rosy?" And later this evening, it was so great having them play together, and keep each other company. At one point, Paige followed Luke up the stairs and said to me, "Bye Mama." (Normally she wants to be in the same room as me, and cries brokenheartedly when I leave the room.)

We're still waiting on biopsy results. And I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday

Dr. K called today to say that Paige doesn't need to go up to the hospital tomorrow for a transfusion, since her labs came back satisfactorily (hmm) from today's blood draw. Friday she goes up to Dartmouth for her bone marrow biopsy. Please pray that good results come back, since this test is a crucial deciding factor in whether she gets a transplant or just goes with chemo.

The next round (of chemo) is scheduled for Wednesday of next week. The doctors were sure she'd be back at the hospital with a fever after her last round, so I'm really thankful that she has proved them wrong, and hasn't had one yet.

P.S. thanks to the generosity of many friends and the Dartmouth College Hockey Team, Paige has lots of stuffed animals to play with, so if anyone was thinking of sending her one, she is all set in that department. :)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

wednesday

Paige went up to Dartmouth to get some blood and platelets yesterday. (Hooray to super-daddy for spending his whole day up there with her!) She is still doing well. She is such a little mommy. She gets tissues to blow her own nose, and tries to wipe ours as well. If she spills milk, she gets the dishtowel, and wipes it up. It's so funny to watch. She's more domestic than I am...
She loves talking on the phone with Luke, and if someone asks, "Who loves Lukey?" she'll say "I do!!"

At this point, we are planning on going the chemo route. She has a bone marrow biopsy coming up in two weeks, and as long as they find less than 5% cancer cells in her marrow (which means the chemo is working) then we won't schedule a transplant. If there is significantly more than that, then the choice isn't really ours, and the only sensible thing to do is a transplant. So that's the plan, and we'll see what happens.